The UC Merced Washington Program operates under the guidance of the University of California System-wide UCDC Program located in Washington DC. In an effort to continue to provide students with a high-quality internship program, UCDC has gone to great lengths to create a high-quality remote program that students will find both interesting, and beneficial to their long and short term professional development goals. See the exciting program features and benefits below:
- Intern remotely at any one of hundreds of organizations in any number of areas of interest.
- Receive units for your internship and units for UCDC courses of your choosing.
Students enrolled in the UC Merced Washington Remote Program will receive the following benefits:
- Personalized resume and cover letter writing assistance.
- Participation in a workshop series focusing on finding internships to which you can apply, getting your applications noticed by internship organizations, improving your interviewing skills, and professionalism.
- Access to 1-on-1 assistance from Career Services Professionals with experience assisting students as they work toward their professional goals.
- Intern remotely in the Nation's Capital and surrounding areas!
- Participate in a virtual speaker series featuring DC professionals. Past featured speakers have included Supreme Court Justices, politicians, experts on international policy, and journalists. As the speaker series schedule is finalized, more details about specific speakers will be offered.
- Network with and learn from UC alumni in DC!
- Learn in small classes from experts that live and work in Washington DC.
UC students have interned at thousands of organizations throughout the D.C. metro area, and they’re not just on Capitol Hill: students have interned at international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), scientific and medical institutions, museums, regulatory agencies – and the list goes on. Many remote internships allow students to set their own schedules giving them more flexibility to balance a part-time job and/or course schedule. And since remote internships have no geographical restrictions, students can choose to intern in or outside of the DC area to get opportunities in their field of interest. UCDC staff will work closely with you to secure an internship.